The Government of Alberta is exploring ways to enhance the status of Alberta’s artists and arts organizations. The government is gathering feedback from the arts community and welcomes your thoughts on this initiative.
Status of the Artist
Status of the Artist initiatives, which can include legislation, consistently have two main components:
- Recognizing and raising awareness of the value of artists in Alberta;
- Enhancing the economic and working conditions of artists in Alberta.
Share your perspective
Provide your input through a short online survey by June 30 to help the government:
- better understand the needs of Alberta’s arts community
- determine potential options for improving recognition and public awareness of artists and their contributions
- identify specific actions the government could take to recognize and improve the status of Alberta’s artists