Our mission is to promote the visual arts in Alberta and help Alberta artists become more professional in their practice. We are a communication hub between members of the visual arts community and the general public. We advocate for and serve Alberta’s visual artists.
As a provincial arts service organization and your CARFAC affiliate, we provide:
- Information about how to become more professional in your art practice
- Information and advisory notes for artists
- Information about copyright and how to exhibit outside Canada
- Access to all CARFAC services including the fee schedule
- Advocacy on issues affecting the arts and culture sector
- Professional development workshops and webinars for artists
- Health insurance plan for artists
- Studio Insurance for artists (discount offered to members)
- Links to member websites
- Opportunities for emerging and marginalized artists
As a communications hub, we engage through:
- Weekly E-Newsletter
- Website: www.visualartsalberta.com with information about alberta’s visual arts community
- Social Media (facebook, twitter, linked-in, instagram)
- Office in Edmonton, open 4 days per week
As an office & project space, we offer:
- 4 – 6 exhibitions annually through the Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC Project Space in Edmonton
- Exhibitions offsite at both the Northern and Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditoriums
- Informal mentorship for artists
- Opportunities to network socially
How do you become a member of Visual Arts Alberta ~ CARFAC?
The cost for membership for an individual member of the Visual Arts Alberta ~ CARFAC is $60.00. Discounts are available for students, seniors as detailed on the membership form available below.
Visual Arts Alberta ~ CARFAC Membership Form
VISUAL ARTS ALBERTA ~ CARFAC
3rd Floor, Harcourt House Arts Centre
10215 112 Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 1M7
780.421.1731 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Toll-Free 1-866.421.1731
Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC acknowledges support from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts, the Edmonton Arts Council and the City of Edmonton.