CALL FOR VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBER
CARFAC Alberta is beginning to look for 3 -4 new volunteer Board Members to start in the fall of 2020. If you are interested in helping to guide Alberta’s advocacy organization for Visual Artists, please submit an expression of interest ASAP or by April 1st, 2020.
- A one-page document outlining your interest and understanding of CARFAC and its initiatives, and what you feel you can contribute to the organization.
- Your current CV, and a short bio
- Your general work-week schedule, so we can contact you for further discussion and an interview
CARFAC Alberta is an inclusive organization, and welcomes the input and viewpoints of all people, including those who identify as LGBT2SQ, First Nations and Métis, New Canadians, and Visible Minorities.
If you would like more information please contact:
Chris W. Carson
3rd flr, 10215 – 112 Street Edmonton
780-421-1731 or 1-866-421-1731
Art and Mental Wellness Juried Exhibition
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020
This call seeks artwork in any media that critically engages with mental health in the broadest sense. We are particularly interested in lived experience, whether art as therapy, or through topics relating to psychiatry, psychology, mood disorders, addictions, patient experience, or similar.
Any Alberta-based artists (or collaborations) at any stage of their career are welcome to submit existing artworks for a juried group exhibition to be held at the CARFAC Project Space in Edmonton, June 15 thru September, 2020.
Submitted images should be an accurate representation of work (consider different angles for sculpture, and installation views) and the art must be ready to hang or display. CARFAC group exhibition fees will be paid, and up to $100 towards shipping will be available.
Perspectives from Within is co-produced and guest juried by SITE c PROJECTS, the creative arm of OBAD (Organization for Bipolar Affective Disorders). SITE c uses art as tool to create dialogue around individual and community mental wellness. www.obad.ca
Selected work must be available for delivery by May 22, professionally wrapped with packaging suitable for return to the artist. Work that is received and is not representative of the submission images may be declined for exhibition.
Submission criteria: artistic merit and relevance to the theme, compiled in an application as follows:
A single pdf document:
- With a file name comprising your first and last name
- That does not exceed 10mb in total file size
- Structured as letter size pages in the following order:
- A list of works stating titles, media and size
- Up to 10 images of work to be exhibited
- A project statement that speaks to the art being submitted, maximum 250 words
- A current curriculum vitae, maximum 3 pages
The jury reserves the right not to consider submissions that fail to meet the aforementioned criteria.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 2020 | NOTIFICATION BY: April 30, 2020
ART DELIVERY: By May 22, 2020
Email submissions with your name in the subject line to: CARFACperspectives@gmail.com