has a Tools for Visual Artists section to their website https://www.carfac.ca/tools/ where you will find necessary information. Some resources available through CARFAC National are free to everyone and for other tools, you will need to email them and provide your CARFAC Alberta membership information.
Artist Royalties and Fees Guidelines
How much should you be paid when your work is exhibited, used in catalogues, etc? CARFAC has guidelines.
Copyright for Visual Artists
Basic information about copyright for visual artists is available for everyone.
A more detailed toolkit about recent changes and how to protect your work is only for members – email us to ask for a copy.
shares Tools for Visual Artists from CARFAC National and CARFAC Affiliates from all regions of Canada. We are Artists working for Artists for over 54 years…
Best Practices for Craft, Media and Visual Artists in Alberta
Published in 2020, these seven documents for Alberta Craft, Media and Visual Artists are professional guidelines for interactions between artists and those individuals and organizations that work with them in a wide range of capacities.
If you are a member of CARFAC Alberta, you can access all of CARFAC’s Advisory Notes by emailing email@example.com. Our Program Coordinator will forward you any advisory notes you wish as pdf documents. Available Notes are as follows:
- Artist/ Dealer Checklist
- Artist/Exhibition Checklist
- Artist/Murals Checklist
- Artist/Public Gallery Agreement
- Business Entities for Artists
- Copyright and Commissioned Works
- Copyright for Visual Artists
- Exhibiting/selling works Outside Canada
- GST and Artists: A Summary of the Guide on Art and Entertainment
- Guidelines for Organizing Art Commission Competitions
- Guidelines for Professional Standards in the Organization of Fund Raising Events
- Guidelines for Professional Standards in the Organization of Juried Exhibitions
- Insuring Your Artwork
- Loan Agreement for Purpose of Sale/ Art on the Menu
- Marketing for Visual Artists
- Model Releases
- Notes on Art in Public Places
- Original Prints
- Preparing Your Tax Returns
- Sample Artist/Mural Contract -Notes
- Trademarks and Tradenames
- Using Photographic Images as Source Material
- Warehouse Studio Health and Safety
- When is a Photocopy an Original Print?
- Writing for Visual Artists
- Artist Groups
- Health Hazards/ Safety Tips for Artists
- Studio Health and Safety Checklist
- Exporting by Individual Visual Artists
- Hidden Dangers in the Sales of Artwork
- Retransmission Rights
- Negotiation Tools for Visual Artists
- Canadian Gallery Guide for Artists