Submission deadline: Thursday, July 7, 2022
Residency to commence on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Harcourt House Artist Run Centre is accepting submissions for its 2022/2023 Artist-In-Residence (AIR) Program. The residency will be for a period of one year, starting on November 1, 2022 and ending October 31, 2023.
The Artist-In-Residence Project was created in 2002 by the Board of Directors of W.E.C.A.N. Society/Harcourt House Artist Run Centre with the aim of contributing to the development of an emerging artist. The program provides the artist with a stable working environment and helps with the maintenance of a professional studio space and artistic practice. The project is open to visual artists who are Canadian residents working in any visual art media including: sculpture, painting, printmaking, digital art, mixed media, photography, film, and video.
The AIR is provided with:
- Studio space in the Harcourt House facility with 24/7 access.
- Complimentary one-year membership with Where Edmonton Community Artists Network (W.E.C.A.N.) Society/Harcourt House Artist Run Centre.
- Complimentary parking for the duration of the AIR Program at Harcourt House Artist Run Centre.
- Free access to 2D and 3D pre-registered life study classes held at Harcourt House Artist Run Centre.
- $1,800.00 allowance for materials.
- A solo exhibition in the Main Gallery of Harcourt House Artist Run Centre of the work developed during the residency.
- CAR/FAC fees for the presentation of this exhibition
The submission for the 2022/2023 Artist in Residence will be reviewed by a jury consisting of professional visual artists, art gallery administrators, curators, critics, and other visual arts professionals.
Applicants will be selected by the quality of work submitted, their demonstration of commitment to serious practice, and how the residency will meet their objectives at this crucial juncture in the development of their practice.
- Contact information: Name, address, phone number, email address, website, social media
- Artist’s statement (1 page)
- CV (1 page)
- Artist’s biography (1 page)
- Plan of activity for residency including description of proposed exhibition (2 pages max.)
- 2 letters of reference from professionals in the arts community
- 5-10 JPEG images of supporting artwork; each file must be named: jpg (example: 3_Saville.jpg) and no larger than 1MB in size
- Works focused on video, sound or other media, please use a sharing platform to store your work and provide links and passwords to appropriate files in your image list
- Image list with the following: last name, title of artwork, date completed, media, dimensions. Links and passwords to video, sound or other media support material should be included here
NOTE: Please send all written materials, including letters of reference, as one PDF file. Files must be named: AIR2022_lastname.pdf (
Late and/or incomplete proposal packages will not be considered.
Please email submissions by Thursday, July 7, 2022, to: exhibit@
For more information, please contact Darren Kooyman, Exhibitions and Art Education Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org