DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2021
The Traveling Exhibitions Program (TREX SE – Region 4) welcomes proposals from artists based in Southeastern Alberta (see map).
The Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA) has supported a provincial travelling exhibition program since 1981. The mandate of the AFA Travelling Exhibition Program is to provide every Albertan with the opportunity to enjoy visual art exhibitions in their community. Each year, more than 600,000 Albertans enjoy many exhibitions in communities ranging from High Level in the north to Milk River in the south and virtually everywhere in-between.
Each exhibition shows between 15-20 artworks, and tours for two and a half years throughout the province. Selections will be made in accordance with the submission guidelines and TREX SE’s curatorial mandate.
Artwork submitted for consideration must take into account the unique parameters of TREX exhibitions. Due to the extensive travel of these exhibitions, the maximum dimension for artworks that will be considered is 35”x 35” framed or 30” x 30” unframed. In addition, artists should keep in mind that the works will need to be sturdy enough to withstand travelling to upwards of twenty different venues.
- Artists who submit independently may be considered for inclusion in group exhibition programming.
- Prioritize submitting a group of works that have a consistent theme, proposal or artistic concept.
- Review past TREX exhibitions. Please keep in mind that these works will be in a diverse array of venues from schools to galleries to hospitals.
- Submissions will be kept on file for a period of one year for consideration.
Please submit the following items in a single PDF document:
*Artists must be from Southeastern Alberta. We thank all who may apply, however artists from outside of the region will not be considered for this open call.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Project Proposal (500 words max.)
- Artist Statement (300 words max.)
- Include up to 10 digital images of your work in the PDF application. Alternatively, large images can be upload to online sharing sites such as Dropbox or Google Drive, etc. or you can mail in submissions with a CD or USB Drive.
- Image List (Title, Medium, Size, year)
DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2021
Download: Open Call TREX SE (doc)
Submissions and/or any questions related to the Open Call can be emailed to Genevieve Farrell, (Program Manager/Curator TREX SE) at email@example.com. Please use “TREX Open Call Submission 2021” as the subject line of your email submission.