An INFORMATION SESSION will be held on: Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 5:00-6:00pm
Lestock Lounge (Room 218B) – Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre,
10440 108 Avenue, Edmonton, AB (click here for a map)
Notes from the Info Session will be posted on the Edmonton Arts Council website.
RSVP is required to Grace Law by Monday, April 1, 2019 – the event will be cancelled with low response. Click the button below to respond.
Click Here to RSVP
The Civic Precinct public art competition, open to professional artists and artist teams residing in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan, is held in accordance with the City of Edmonton policy “Percent for Art to Provide and Encourage Art in Public Areas” (C458C).
This opportunity is a three-step process to be a consultant, design and build:
- Step 1 – artist works as a consultant working with the project team to engage with stakeholders and collaborate meaningfully with children to develop an overall concept or child-friendly public art.
- Step 2 – artist is embedded within the design team to develop artistic enhancements to the Churchill Square East Gardens renovation plans to create inviting and accessible spaces for play.
- Step 3 – artist is offered the opportunity to create a welcoming child-friendly permanent public artwork(s) for Centennial Plaza behind the Stanley A. Milner Library.
- Step 1 – Consultation Fee $30,500 (max, all inclusive)
- Step 2 – Artist Design Fee $15,000 (max, all inclusive)
- Step 2&3 – Two Public Art Project Opportunities for Churchill Square East Gardens and Centennial Plaza,TBD $210,000.00-$264,000.00 (max, all inclusive)
Deadline for Submissions:
4:30 PM MDST on Wednesday, May 1, 2019
For more information, please contact Grace Law, Public Art Officer
p: 780.424.2787 ext. 230 e: firstname.lastname@example.org