The Book Publishers Association of Alberta is recruiting a qualified individual to fulfill the
role of Project Coordinator in our Edmonton office. We are seeking a candidate with
significant work experience who can dig in, get things done and be part of a small group
of people with a tenacious commitment to the success of book publishing in Alberta.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Monday, October 1 at 4:30 p.m. Interviews will be scheduled for October 4 and 5.
Candidates may be asked to perform an administrative skills test.
Job title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the association
as well as coordinating multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• General Office Duties (50%)
- Reception (telephone, e-mail, and letter mail)
- Office, facility, and equipment management
- Public relations (media, social media, newsletter)
- Administration (correspondence, data management, website
- Administrative support
• Projects (50%)
- The Alberta Book Publishing Awards
- Book Publishers Association of Alberta Annual Conference
- Read Alberta Books
- Read Alberta eBooks
- Prairie Indigenous eBook Collection
- Edmonton Bestseller List
- Provincial Archive Program
- Member Subsidy Program
- Professional Development
- Two-year diploma or degree
- Specialized knowledge
- Office management
- Business communications
- Event planning and delivery
- Project management
- Adept at using WordPress, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance competing priorities (multi-tasking)
- Self-directed and self-managing (initiative)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping principles an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset
- Minimum of 2 years in an office environment
- Experience in running a small office is an asset
The BPAA office is located on the second floor of the Percy Page Centre in Edmonton,
located at 11759 Groat Road NW. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Monday
to Friday. Out-of-town travel will be required at times throughout year.
Must be able to lift 25lbs repeatedly, daily
Multiple contractors and stakeholders requiring supervision and direction.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits will be negotiated after the
three-month probationary period has been successfully completed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only individuals selected for an interview will
Download the job posting: BPAA Project Coordinator Job Ad (pdf)