Request for information (RFI) – deadline Friday November 27th . Please direct inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org Response from GWLRA team November 30th. All participants will be notified via email.
The Deadline for Submission has been Extended to December 30th @ 2:00pm. Please submit your entry to email@example.com. No exceptions will be made for late entries. Tenders/proposals are to be valid for 60 days, rom submission deadline. More information regarding deadlines can be found in the two linked documents.
Great West Life Realty Advisors (GWLRA) is looking to engage an Artist to execute a large scale mural on the West face of the Jasper 111 building, situated at 11012 – Jasper Avenue NW. Edmonton, AB. This proposal call is open to Canadian residents.
PARAMETERS FOR THE ARTWORK*
- Value of $55,800.00 for acquisition and placement of public art. Artist to include installation allowance at $10,000.00 (safety training, licenses) All equipment rental will be done through the owner selected contractor. The remaining $45,800.00 to cover artist fees and supplies, labour etc.
- As per the Oliver Redevelopment Plan: Artworks shall be located:
- On the west Façade of the principal building as a painted mural to the satisfaction of the Development Officer.
- notwithstanding the above, if the minimum contribution of $55,800.00 cannot be satisfied entirely through the acquisition and placement of public art of the west Façade of the principal building as a painted mural, art shall be located elsewhere on Site that is publicly visible from Jasper Avenue NW to the satisfaction of the Development Officer.
*As per the DC2 Agreement with the City of Edmonton.
- The term ‘Mural’ as used included, but is not limited to, painted artwork. A panel system with anchors into the concrete substrate is also acceptable. (ie. Hardie Panel or Aluminum Composite Panels) Alternative proposals will also be considered.
- There has been no provision made to supply lighting to the mural, at this time. This could be a recommendation. If you choose to include lighting in the design solution, break out the cost as a separate line items, excluding it from the original $5,800 budget.
- Installation of Mural July/August 2021.
1. Goal for the call:
Animating Jasper 111 precast concrete building is part of the overall goal of improving the Oliver neighbourhood through the Redevelopment Plan. The Owner is aware of budgetary limitations to completely animate the full 19 storey façade.
2. Mural themes
- Positive or neutral in content.
- Reflect GWLRA values – integrity, ambition, empathy, creativity.
- Provide subject matter that is relatable to the general public.
- Subject matter should consider location, local cultural and geographic context.
- Avoid historic references.
3. The concrete building substrate will be made ready to receive paint by the Owner. Costs for this work are excluded from the $55,800.00 allotment. Artwork will not be altered in any way without the express permission of the artist.
- Canadian resident
- Adult (18yrs and older)
- Examples of intact exterior mural(s) installed minimum 1 year ago or earlier.