Deadline for submissions (both calls): August 10 2020
Alberta Views: Our Landscape, Our Home, Our Legacy
Exhibit takes place during Alberta Culture Days and Month of the Artist. Exhibit at the gallery in the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel.
- Submission Deadline: August 10, 2020
- Submission Fee: Free to enter
- How to Submit: Complete the online submission form
- Acceptance Notification: August 12, 2020
- Artwork Received by Curator: August 17, 2020
- Artwork Instillation: August 22, 2020
- Exhibit Dates: August 23—October 31, 2020
- Virtual Exhibition Premier: Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Artist Feature Premiers: Thursdays, September 10, 17, 24
- Artwork Striking: November 1, 2020
“Alberta Views: Our Landscape, Our Home, Our Legacy” is an exhibition of female Alberta landscape artists who are inspired by the environment of their majestic province. All working in a variety of artistic styles and using a range of creative materials, these artists present their perspective on the Alberta landscape in paint, photograph, sculpture, and mixed-media art. They challenge us to contemplate the land beneath our feet, how it has changed and continues to develop and play a role in our lives. “Alberta Views” artists inspire us to pause, give thanks, and explore the diverse landscape on our doorsteps. Think vibrant prairie skies, looming mountains, and beyond. The Indigenous artists in the exhibit help us appreciate their unique bond to the province and their continued celebration of their ancestral land.
Full entry info: https://alexismariechute.com/curation-call-for-submissions
Exhibit at the Multicultural Heritage Centre
Download: Word-And-Image – Art Application Form
Books are not only for words and canvases not only for paint. Experience how words and visual art collide to create innovative creative crossovers that touch us on multiple levels. Relationships between words, art, and meaning are explored.
- Apply by Monday, August 10, 2020.
- Acceptance confirmation by Monday, August 24, 2020.
- Deliver artwork on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
- Exhibition dates: September 16 – November 4, 2020.
- Opening reception on Friday, September 18, 2020, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Pick-up artwork on Saturday, November 7, 2020.