Studio C is proud to announce the SPARK Disability Art Festival 2018, taking place on multiple floors/galleries throughout Calgary’s newest arts hub—cSPACE King Edward. This year’s festival will occur December 3 through 8, 2018 and will include juried exhibitions and other public programming sponsored by Calgary Arts Development, cSPACE and the Berkhold Family Foundation.
To learn more about SPARK, visit: www.sparkdisabilityartfestival.com
SPARK CALL FOR VISUAL ARTISTS:
The Call for Visual Art to be included in this year’s festival is now open. Continue reading for details on eligibility and how to submit.
The deadline for visual art submissions is September 30, 2018.
ELIGIBILITY: SPARK’s visual art exhibitions are open to all artists with a disability. The SPARK Festival is committed to equity and inclusion and welcomes applicants from diverse communities including emerging and established artists with developmental, physical, or sensory disabilities, mental illness, brain injury, and/or chronic illness.
GUIDELINES: To be considered, complete the attached application form and send it to: email@example.com. Upload jpeg files to: http://www.yogile.com/sparkfestival2018.
- There is no entry fee! All two- and three-dimensional media is considered eligible.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 entries for consideration. Artwork cannot exceed 60 inches in any direction.
- Pieces must be framed, wired or otherwise ready for exhibition. The Festival will provide signage to accompany each piece, including the artist’s name and title of the piece.
- All artwork submitted must be available for display between the dates of December 3 – December 8, 2018.
- Upon acceptance, artists will be responsible for all shipping costs involved in the delivery of artwork to and from the receiving agency. Shipping instructions, dates and times will be included in the artist’s acceptance letter.
- Artists selling work will receive a 90% commission from the sale of each piece sold (SPARK will deduct 10%).
- All artwork will be handled with the utmost care, however the SPARK Festival Team cannot accept liability for loss or damage during the festival.
Visual art submissions are being accepted until 11:59pm on September 30, 2018. For help with your submission, contact Roxanne Taylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquiries, contact Studio C:
Attn: SPARK Festival
Suite #235, 1721 29th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2T 6T7