Throughout July and August, Miranda Jimmy will be traveling to Native Friendship Centres across Alberta to deliver workshops on how to access funding through the Alberta Foundation for the Arts to support your Indigenous art project. Learn more about the AFA, the funding they have available, and how Miranda Jimmy can help you prepare your application for the upcoming fall deadlines.
The following workshops have already been scheduled:
- July 5 (6:00-8:00PM) – Canadian Native Friendship Centre (Edmonton)
- July 10 (6:00-8:00PM) – Miywasin Friendship Centre (Medicine Hat)
- July 11 (1:30-3:30PM) – Napi Friendship Centre (Pincher Creek)
- July 11 (6:00-8:00PM) – Sik-Ooh-Kotoki Friendship Centre (Lethbridge)
- July 12 (6:00-8:00PM) – Aboriginal Friendship Centre of Calgary
- July 18 (1:30-3:30PM) – Bonnyville Friendship Centre
- July 18 (6:00-8:00PM) – Cold Lake Frienship Centre
- July 24 (1:30-3:30PM) – Rocky Native Friendship Centre (Rocky Mountain House)
- July 26 (6:00-8:00PM) – Red Deer Friendship Centre
- July 31 (6:00-8:00PM) – Lac La Biche Friendship Centre
- August 13 (1:30-3:30PM) – Slave Lake Friendship Centre
- August 13 (6:00-8:00PM) – High Prairie Friendship Centre
- August 14 (6:00-8:00PM) – Sagitawa Friendship Centre (Peace River)
- August 15 (6:00-8:00PM) – High Level Friendship Centre
- August 16 (6:00-8:00PM) Grande Prairie Friendship Centre
Workshops are two-hours long and free to anyone interested in learning more. Space is limited and registration is required.
For a full listing of all upcoming workshops, visit: https://www.affta.ab.ca/funding/upcoming-grant-workshops.
You can also help to spread the word by sharing the workshop events on Facebook, accessible here:https://www.facebook.com/AlbertaFoundationfortheArts/events/.