Strathcona County Art Gallery@501 is now welcoming exhibition submissions from artists and curators.
Completed submissions may be submitted and will be accepted throughout the year. A gallery floor plan (179.7 KB) is available to help with your planning.
Please note: Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please mail or deliver your proposal to:
Brenda Barry Byrne, Curator,
Strathcona County Art Gallery@501
#120, 501 Festival Avenue, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 4X3
Submissions should include the following information and documentation:
- A one page artist statement describing the exhibition or body of work proposed (including the curatorial premise, if you are a curator);
- CD/DVD of the proposed work or works in progress and some indication of previous works. For each artwork proposed, please submit proper documentation including a list of titles, sizes, media and dates;
- Selected previous exhibition catalogues of artist’s work or curatorial writing (if any) and selected recent exhibition reviews (if any);
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae; and
- A self addressed, stamped envelope if you wish for your materials to be returned. Gallery exhibitions usually last between six and seven weeks.
Please indicate if you are interested in being considered for a solo or group exhibition. Strathcona County Art Gallery@501 will be presenting an average of six exhibits per year.
- Exhibits shall be chosen by the curator and may be selected from a curatorial process or from submissions (artists / curators).
- Gallery @501 shall strive to self-generate a minimum of two exhibitions per year from the professional Alberta arts community.
- Artists fees recommended by CARFAC shall be paid to artists involved in exhibits self-generated.